An individual seeking to apply for an apprenticeship as an Embalmer and Funeral Director, must complete and submit the following items to the Board:
(An individual may register with the board after receiving the required bachelors degree.)
- Request an Official College Transcript(s) (Transcripts must come directly from the college and/or university)
- Complete a BCI & FBI Criminal Background Check. The results must be sent to the Board's office and must be sent from the Ohio Attorneys Office. (CLICK HERE FOR LOCATIONS)
- Create an Ohio eLicense account.click here for instructions.
- Once logged in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE." Under Select a License, a drop down will list all of the boards available license applications, at the bottom of the list choose "Registration".
- Complete the REGISTRATION APPLICATION questions and upload the requested documents.
- Application Fee
- Once the Board receives all of the required documents and approves your REGISTRATION APPLICATION, you will be issued a registration number via email to proceed to the next step.
* 4, 5,6, AND 7 MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - for the eLicense Portal
After registering with the Board, an individual seeking to become an apprentice must certify the apprenticeship. Once you have received the registration certificate from the Board, please complete an online apprenticeship certification application, upload the masters certificate, and pay required fee online.
- Have your registration numbers ready. Your registration numbers are used for this process.
- Login in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE" then on the LICENSE SELECTION choose Certified Embalmers Apprenticeship. (Please read Step 5 Below)
- Complete the online registration questions and upload the required documents.
- Application Fee
- THIS PROCESS MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - Apprenticeship Certification Application Portal
Please upload and submit the apprenticeship form into your account created in elicense. Do not mail the form to the Board. Use the "Options" tab to submit additional documentation.
Master Quarterly Report Form