An individual seeking to apply for an apprenticeship as a Funeral Director, must complete and submit the following items to the Board:
- Request an Official College Transcript(s) (Transcripts must come directly from the college and/or university)
- Complete a BCI & FBI Criminal Background Check. The results must be sent to the Board's office and must be sent from the Ohio Attorneys Office. (CLICK HERE FOR LOCATIONS)
- Create an Ohio eLicense account.click here for instructions.
- Once logged in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE." Under Select a License, a drop down will list all of the boards available license applications, at the bottom of the list choose "Certified Funeral Director Apprenticeship".
- Complete the application questions and upload the requested documents, including the Master's Certificate.
- Pay the online Application Fee
- * 4, 5, and 6 MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - for the eLicense Portal
Please download and submit the form to the Board through elicense. Select "Options" then select "Submit additional documentation."
Master Quarterly Report Form